Sign up to receive our new recipe email alerts!
from Joy of Kosher by Jamie Geller
A savory take on the quintessential Chanukah donut filled with the flavors of fall.
DIRECTIONS FOR POTATO PANCAKE:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
1. Prepare batter according to MIX directions on Manischewitz® Potato Pancake box and add sage.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When very hot, add potato pancake batter and season with salt and pepper. Use a spatula to press into a flat, round shape to make ONE jumbo potato pancake.
3. Reduce heat to medium, and cook shaking pan periodically, until pancake is nicely browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Flip pancake, and add remaining tablespoon of oil, drizzling around the edges of pancake. Gently swirl pan to coat evenly with oil. Continue cooking until golden brown and crisp on both sides, 5 to 7 minutes more.
4. Transfer to a cutting board; cut into wedges. Top with cranberry sauce and serve.
TIP: You can substitute sage with rosemary, basil, parsley, oregano or your favorite spice.
DIRECTIONS FOR CRANBERRY SAUCE:
1. Wash cranberries. In a saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Stir to dissolve sugar. Add cranberries, return to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer for 10 minutes or until cranberries burst.
2. Add orange juice.
3. Remove from heat. Cool completely at room temperature and then chill in refrigerator. Cranberry sauce will thicken as it cools.
Loaded with ideas to make the most of the occasion >
Watch the highlights >
Start a conversation or follow ours! >