Sign up to receive our new recipe email alerts!
From Joy of Kosher by Jamie Geller
1. Fill a large bowl or pot with cold water.
2. Peel potatoes, and as you finish each, place in cold water to prevent browning.
3. Pour oil about 1/4 way up the side of a large skillet and heat over medium heat.
4. Cut potatoes lengthwise into halves or quarters so they fit into food processor feed tube. Process potatoes using the blade that creates thin, shoestring-like strips and transfer to a large bowl.
5. Add eggs, Manischewitz® Matzo Meal, salt and pepper and mix well.
6. Add cranberries and mix well until combined.
7. Drop heaping tablespoons of mixture into hot oil. Using the back of a spoon, pat down each latke to flatten it.
Put as many as you can in the skillet without crowding. Putting them too close together will make them soggy.
8. Fry 3 to 4 minutes on each side until golden and crisp around the edges; repeat procedure until finished with all the batter.
9. Drain on paper towel lined baking sheets.
10. Serve warm with applesauce if desired.
TIP: To turn these tart turkey day latkes into a sweet side dish, omit the pepper, reduce the salt to a pinch, and add 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon and 3 tablespoons sugar.
Try these delicious Rye Tam Tams! >
Hop over to our boards for holiday ideas, recipes and more >
Watch "Matzo Ball Olympics" >
Start a conversation or follow ours! >