Gluten Free Kid-Friendly Chicken Tenders
1/2 bag Manischewitz Gluten Free Crackers
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 package chicken tenders
1 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp thyme
1/8 tsp kosher salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
NOTE: This is a fun recipe and safe to do with the some of the older kids.
1. ADULTS: Please preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Have the kids crush the gluten free crackers in a food processor in 3 batches. Make sure when processing not to overprocess. (I know you like to "push the button.")
3. This is a great opportunity to learn measurements. Have the kids help measure the bread crumbs and the spices.
4. Remove the crushed crackers and add them to a large mixing bowl. Add bread crumbs and seasonings. Toss well!
5. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with a fork.
6. Dredge a few chicken tenders at a time, first in the bread crumbs, then in egg, then in the bread crumbs again. Transfer to greased cookie sheet.
7. Repeat step 6 until all tenders are breaded and on the cookie sheet. Spray top with cooking spray.
8. Bake for 6 minutes. Remove; flip and spray again.
9. Bake an additional 5 minutes. Remove and let cool.
NOTE: Oven and fire safety is very important. All foods being placed in and removed from the oven should be handled by adults.