Prep time: 10 min Cook time: 10 min Ready time: 20 min
12 oz. package Manischewitz Extra Wide Whole Grain Yolk Free Noodles
3 tablespoons neutral flavored oil, like canola or peanut
4 oz. shiitake, sliced in half
4 oz. oyster mushrooms, sliced
2 tablespoons dark soy sauce or mushroom soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 small onion, diced
1/2 cup sliced canned baby corn
1/2 cup snow peas
4 scallions, sliced
1 large carrot, cut into matchsticks
1 tablespoon grated ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon mirin
2 tablespoons regular soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
Sesame seeds (optional)
1. Boil noodles in salted water - cook until al dente, 8 minutes, drain and set aside.
2. While noodles are cooking, heat your wok or large skillet over high heat. Add oil and mushrooms. Sauté until golden. Remove mushrooms to a bowl and cover with dark soy sauce, set aside.
3. Add sesame oil to the pan and then add the onions. Sauté a few minutes. Add baby corn and snow peas, sauté another minutes. Add scallions, carrots, ginger and garlic, toss all around.
4. Place noodles in the pan and drizzle the miring around the edges as you begin to toss the noodles and vegetables together. Add marinated mushrooms and toss some more. Add the soy sauce and white pepper and adjust seasoning to taste.
5. Serve with sriracha and sesame seeds if desired to taste and garnish.
Contributed by Tamar Genger MA, RD, Executive Editor JoyofKosher.com