Recipes from Manischewitz
- 6 Tbsp cracked black pepper
- 6 beef fillets - 5 to 6 oz each
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp garlic; chopped
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1 3/4 Cup Manischewitz® Beef Broth
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice; freshly squeezed
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 Tbsp parsley; freshly chopped
- Spread pepper on a large plate; press the flat side of each fillet into the pepper.
- Heat oil in a skillet over high heat; sear filets on each side; remove from pan. Place fillets in a 350 degree F oven and continue to cook until desired temperature; place filets on a serving platter and keep warm.
- Add garlic and brandy to sauté pan, making sure to keep away from open flame; brandy will ignite!
- Place brandy mixture over medium low heat and bring to a simmer; cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add beef broth and lemon juice; simmer an additional 10 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch with soy milk; add to broth mixture; simmer to 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve drizzled over fillets.